Friday, April 24, 2015

#29 What's For Dinner?????

The Dreaded Question...

   What's For Dinner???


 


Why is this such a dreaded question?  It's dreaded because most of the time it's an after-thought that you think about close to 4-5pm when you know it's time for your dear hubby to walk in the door.  It's the dreaded question because nothing has been PLANNED and nothing has been taken out of the freezer

You know that your not going to be able to feed your family something "INTENTIONALLY" well-thought out and delicious.  So now it's a mad dash to see what you can thaw out quickly, what you can add with it, or worse -- what you can order out -- you know the drill.

 We all know the saying:








I do make weekly meal plans, but lately our household has changed a bit due to changes with both my husband and I.  My husband has been pretty much on his own with his dinner, by choice. He comes home and has a taste for eggs, so he will make eggs.   Or he has a taste for salad only or a smoothie -- so he pretty much is self-sufficient when it comes to making his own dinner. 

But in my mind -- I like to have something prepared just in case he does not "FEEL" like coming home and thinking about what to eat. He has told me not to concern myself with fixing him anything -- but being a women, wife, nurturer -- it's my duty to concern myself about these types of things (at least I've told that to myself :-).






OK, I think he will like it if I make...

Also, lately me and the hubby have been laying off of meat. So in my mind you have to be really creative with what you are going to prepare. So I find myself planning twice -- something for me (and hubby -- just in case he wants to eat what I've prepared) and a meal for the boys because I don't want to deprive them of meat just because we slack off of it from time to time. GREAT SCOTTS!!! 

I found this cute book at the library and I'm going to try some of the recipes with the family. It's called Peas and Thank You by Sarah Matheny.








This lady and her family were once meat eaters but the wife and husband decided to go meatless. She didn't want to deprive her children of meat so she found meat alternatives. She concocted this cookbook of delicious meals that now her entire family loves. We are not talking about going vegetarian (yet :-) -- because we will have a burger every now and again -- and chicken and fish will probably always be something we will eat -- but I'm just SAYIN -- we have laid off of it considerably.

So what's a girl to do in situations such as this???  The dreaded question -- "What's for dinner?" -- now stares me in the face?   Tell me, who are you cooking for and what's for dinner????


Until next time...


I hope you enjoyed this Friday's blog -- Yo-Yo Eating No More and So Much More. If you did, share it! And if you have any feedback or comments, click on the blue word COMMENT below and leave me one. I would love to hear from you. I respond to each comment -- Thanks!

1 comment:

Joann Bateman said...

I love the saying, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. " I have found a way to take the "dread" out of preparing dinner. Every week I prepare a dinner menu/schedule for the whole week. It has been such a blessing. That weekly menu has put me back in control of what we eat. It's been great! I post it in our kitchen so my husband and boys know exactly what we are having. The biggest benefit is that I use my weekly menu to help create my shopping list for that week. This type of planning ahead has really helped me to not over buy food that just sits in the frig or pantry waiting to be used; and has helped m, considerably, to stay on budget with my grocery expense. I'm so glad our family decided to take this route for planning dinner. Whew, it has really helped us cut out frivolous spending! Thanks For giving us all something to ponder. :-)