Friday, August 15, 2014

#96 The Most Important Time!

I have made time to go to the gym, which is "ME" time.  I have made time to spend with my boys, my husband, my family and friends.  But what about time with God.  That time is off and on, sporadic and not as consistent as I would like.  I have now put that time as first place time in my life.



Before I place one toe out of my bed, I get to feed myself spiritually.  I have an app bible that I use and I'm going through the bible one chapter at a time.  WOW!!!!  It has been awesome.  From there you can't help but pray over what you have just read regarding things in your life.  For instance, in my neighborhood a young man, by the name of Michael Brown, was shot and killed by a cop in Ferguson, MO.  This incident was seen all over and brought forth a lot of outrage and sorry for what was taking place.  There was, and to this day still is, looting going on all over that area and surrounding areas (as a result of this incident -- or just an excuse to do so).  It has been one teachable moment for this homeschooling momma -- you better believe it.  I prayed for the parents of this young man and especially for his momma.  She was seen on the scene of her child's death and she was overcome with grief and disbelief.  You see, this young man was suppose to start college soon, but here he laid dead. 

While reading the book of Luke ch. 7 it talks about Jesus raising a Widow's son.  Verse 12 -15 says:

"12 A funeral procession was coming out as he approached the village gate.  The young man who had died was a widow's only son, and a large crowd from the village was with her.  13 When the Lord saw her, his heart overflowed with compassion.  "Don't cry!" he said.  14 Then he walked over the the coffin and touched it, and the bearers stopped.  "Young man," he said, "I tell you, get up."  15 Then the dead boy sat up and began to talk!  And Jesus gave him back to his mother."


Immediately I began to pray for that young man to be raised.  If Jesus can do it for that momma, He can do it for any momma.  He is no respecter of persons.  I'm aware that it's according to His will.  He will have compassion on whom He will have compassion.  After all He is God.  But I'm looking for God to do something supernatural.

Getting up everyday and having my quiet time with the Lord is the BEST thing that I have done -- PERIOD!  My day is brighter (even in this dark world), I feel a sense of accomplishment throughout my day with whatever else is in front of me because I know I have the most important thing done.  When we pray -- we are giving God permission to work on our behalf and on behalf of others.  So it's important that Christians everywhere do this on a daily basis.  If we don't pray -- all HELL breaks loose -- literally.  When we seek the face of God for our situation, our neighborhood, our world -- He hears and answers prayer.  I am a believer -- I've seen the results of prayer too many times in my life.

Let's keep the most important thing as the first thing we do -- LET'S PRAY!


Until next time...



Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

Artsy Craftery Design Studio said...

Hi Renee: I too know the power of prayer. Beginning each morning with it IS the best thing that we can do, as you say. Hope you're doing well. I enjoyed looking over your blog. The Barbie dolls are unbelievable. God help them. Nice pics of your family trip to Branson. God bless you.

Renee barry said...

Sandi,
Thanks for visiting my blog and stopping to make a comment. I am doing well and I'm glad you are in agreement with me about prayer. First thing in the morning is the best thing to kick start your day into to gear. Thanks for checking out the blog -- it's a work of the "heart" -- I truly enjoy putting it out every Friday. Thanks for the compliment on the family picture. Keep checking back with me often -- I'm not going anywhere! God bless!