Friday, April 4, 2014

#85 Living This Life -- Some Tips!

Being healthy and fit is a job.  Don't let anybody fool you.  But it can be done!!!  It just takes a made-up mind.  Because it "should" be a lifestyle -- it requires you to eat right, get proper amount of exercise, sleep and so on and so forth.  What we do on a daily basis -- our habits per se, is a big part of this process.




One thing that I found very necessary in trying to understand what it is you need to do to live this lifestyle -- is information -- research.  Well, as you know, there is a lot of information out about this subject that can be overwhelming -- almost to the point of giving up.  You don't want to do that before you even get started -- so it's important to take your time and either talk with friends or family who you observe is living a lifestyle that you admire.  Talk with them and see if they can point you in the right direction.  If you don't have people that you know is living a lifestyle of health -- then take it upon yourself to do the research yourself. 

With technology now days, there is plethora of apps, blogs, books and other things that can help you on your journey.  I am like a kid in a candy store with all the apps that are available on my IPhone. One free app that I have found helpful in meeting my goal of drinking my allotment of water per day is called Daily Water.  After you click the glass of water that you drank -- there is this refreshing gulping down and "AAH" sound.  You put in how many cups you want to drink and you set off to meet that goal.  It's just a great reminder to me.  I set a timer to go off to drink an 8 oz. size every hour (using my water bottle):

Daily Water
A snack that I have found helpful that's low in calories and a good fiber filler is air-popped POPCORN!!!  Done either on the stove or in a brown paper bag in the microwave.  One of my favorite YouTubers (Dani Spies) has a good video on how she does it:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDT1wNFt5Ds

Stove-Top Pop Corn


So there you have it -- two tips that I have found helpful on my journey.  Hopefully it will help you as well.

Until next time...




Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: