Thursday, May 29, 2014

#92 -- 4th 5K DONE!!!




I came, I ran, I walked -- I finished!!!!!

Woohoo for me!  I'm  done with my 5K that took place on May 17, 2014.  It was a gorgeous day and it was a very fun event!!!

I enjoyed the fun of being with those who enjoy competing and doing something challenging for the body!!!  I was pretty sore for at least two days afterwards -- but it was a good sore!  I asked myself why I would put my "48" year old body under so much stress -- for what?  Well, because it's challenging and it takes you to another level.  Then after the soreness subsided I told myself -- "Self -- you should do this again."  I'm sure I will!!!

Like I said, I did not do this to calculate how fast or how slow I ended in the race -- but it was all in fun and just a great way to keep in shape with other like-minded people.


Here I am from start -- to finish!



Until the next race...

Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

Sam (@TipsOfTheScale) said...

Don't know how I missed this - congrats, Renee! What a great achievement.

Renee barry said...

Thanks Sam! Just another great thing that takes place in Ferguson, MO -- in-spite of all the bad rep Ferguson, MO has had over the past couple of weeks.

Thanks for checking out the blog!