Thursday, November 8, 2012

#15 The Great Green Challenge and THANKS!!!!!

Have you heard about them? 




?????




Have you ever tried one of them?  What is "IT" you ask?









Why it's GREEN SMOOTHIES!!!!




Well my readers, so far, I like them.  You noticed I didn't say love -- YET.    The reason for that is because there are 50,000+ (maybe a little exaggeration) recipes to choose from and I've ONLY made up about two of my own (and they were so-so).  This is going to be my way of getting in needed veggies and hey, what the heck -- I love smoothies and it will give me a reason to enjoy my new Ninja blender (I posted on last Friday's blog). 

Have you ever seen the movie Julie & Julia??? One of my all-time favorites  -- and one of the many reasons why I blog today.  Here is a little blurb about the movie: 

Julia Child's story of her start in the cooking
profession is intertwined with blogger
Julie Powell's 2002 challenge to cook
all the recipes in Child's first book.

Love, love, love this movie....check it out if you haven't seen it!

So I am going to take a personal challenge and use a book that I recently purchased -- 132+ Delicious Green Smoothie Recipes that Trim & Slim (Green Smoothie Magic) by Gabrielle Raiz.  Hopefully by doing a book full of recipes my smoothies will no longer be so-so but F A B U L O U S!!!!



I plan on making all 132 smoothies in this entire book and blog about them starting November 16thI will blog my favorites and some flubs and maybe include a picture or two.  Start drinking date -- November 12th, 2012 and continue till I've tried every smoothie.  I will be drinking a smoothie for breakfast.  Join me if you feel inclined or just check back on Friday's to see where I am on this journey.

Don't worry, my blog won't just be about the smoothies I've tried for that week -- I will continue to blog about other things "HEALTHY"  in each blog.

Also, I wanted to say a big "Thank You" for viewing my blog.  I've hit the 1,000+ viewers mark!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doing the happy dance!!!!!!

Again, I say Thank You.  I appreciate all the feedback and I look forward to sharing more with you.  If you would like to share the blog with others, feel free.  Let's get and stay healthy together!


Until next time...

Please leave a comment on the left.  Thanks for visiting.

No comments: