Friday, November 2, 2012

#14 Books That Encourage Me For A Healthy Lifestyle!

I want to say first off, I receive no money or anything for suggesting these books, these are just some of my favorites that have helped me along the way.

While perusing one of my favorite places "Goodwill" I noticed a book that sounded very "freeing" to me.  It was called Freedom to Eat by Jackie Trottmann.


In her table of contents some of the things discussed is -- My Struggles, Seeking the Magic Cure, Stuffing -- And I Don't Mean Stove Top, Get In Touch With Your Feeling Through Writing, Throw Away the Scale, Practice Meditation (which she has a meditation CD), Clear Clutter From Your Life and so much more!

This was a freeing book for me.  It changed literally how I eat today.  I always pull this book out when I need that encouragement to keep me on track.  Jackie is a St. Louis native.  After reading her book, I found her website and wrote to her telling her how much I enjoyed reading it.  We have met since then and are now good friends that encourage each other in the Lord.  God is so good!  At this time, Jackie is not taking any orders on this book but you may be able to reach her for other things like meditation Cd's and check out her blogs at http://guidedchristianmeditation.com .

Another one of my all time favorites is Tosca Reno's Eat-Clean Diet Recharged!




This is Tosca's story.  At age 40 author Tosca Reno found herself miserable, overweight, stuck in an unhappy marriage and living an unfulfilled life. Her self-esteem was at an all-time low. She barely recognized the woman she had become. Determined to change her life for the better, she entered the doors of her local gym and never looked back. The minute she hopped on the treadmill she felt like she was taking control of her life again. Her confidence grew as she found the motivation to take care of herself - something she had lacked for years. After learning how to Eat Clean, Tosca's life accelerated to new heights of health, vitality and confidence.

As she shed unwanted pounds, Tosca underwent a profound transformation. For the first time in her life she was happy to take center stage. She was confident, joyful and ready to take on the world. At age 42, with the support of her now husband, Robert Kennedy (who is now deceased), she entered her first physique contest. Undaunted by the younger competitors, Tosca took fifth place in her class.   

To find out more about Tosca -- you can just hit Google.  You will find plenty.  She has lots of great books as well and her Eat-Clean Diet is not a "Diet" -- it's a "Lifestyle."

One more I will mention is Fit For Life Not Fat For Life by Harvey Diamond.  When me and my hubby decided to get on the right track with eating -- we turned to Diamond!  This book works on this premise --  In the Fit for Life book series many dietary principles are recommended including eating only fruit in the morning, eating predominantly "live...high-water-content" food, and if eating animal protein to avoid combining it with complex carbohydrates.



I still do a lot of the things suggested in this book today.  For instance, both me and my hubby eat fruit in the morning.  All types of fruit.  I'm big on smoothies.

One of the newest books that I have come across is Smoothies For Healthy Weight Loss by Elisabeth Peters.  If you have a Kindle Fire, you can get this book for free.  I am really getting into Green Smoothies and will be going on a 3 day cleanse using this books smoothie recipes.  I just purchased a Ninja mixer, which by the way, if you don't own one this is a very nice one to invest in.  I purchased it from Bed, Bath and Beyond.  You can get a 20% off coupon on-line by visiting their website. 





So those are some of my books that I enjoy for good health.  I hope you will look into them and see if you can gleam hope and encouragement at the same time by reading them. 

Until next time...

Please leave a comment on the left.  Thanks for visiting.