Thursday, December 20, 2012

#21 Have You Had Your Snack Today?

I'm a snacker.  Which means, I love to snack on food that is clean and will help me to feel satisfied until the next meal.  I pretty much eat five or six times a day (3 meals and 3 snacks).  I start off my day with a pre-work-out snack in which I drink a cup of warm water with either 1/2 lemon or 1/2 lime.  Afterwards, I will reach for 1/2 grapefruit.  I use to do bananas for their convenience -- grab and go -- but I have found that bananas do not agree with me, if you know what I mean.  So I had to let go of them.  Boo hoo...





I went on a search for clean satisfying snacks that I could place on my blog, in order for me to have whenever I'm in the mood.  WOW -- there's plenty of clean snacks out there that will keep you on track with your healthy journey.  This list may be helpful to you as well.


Clean Eating--Snacks/Sides





#1 I love, love, love Pinterest.  Anything you can possibly think of you can find on this site.  Here is a great link that will keep you with an assortment of clean snacks.  http://pinterest.com/jfelty/clean-eating-snacks-sides/


#2 I am also a firm believer that if you are to eat a snack, it should consist of protein and a carbohydrate together.  It will give you energy and keeps you fuller longer.  This table was found on  /http://www.workoutnirvana.com/clean-eating-snacks-for-all-day-energy/

Choose a Protein
Choose a Carbohydrate
1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt
Frozen blueberries
Strawberries
Peaches
Baked pears
Chopped apple
Cucumber slices
Honey
Rolled oats or Muesli
Cashews
In a fruit smoothie
2 TB nut butter
¼ cup low-sodium hummus
Mashed no-salt-added beans or homemade bean dip
2 scrambled egg whites
Whole-wheat bagel
Whole-wheat English muffin
Whole-wheat pita
Whole-wheat toast
Sliced carrots
Sliced Red bell pepper
Broccoli spears
¼ cup chopped, unsalted walnuts
Oatmeal + frozen blueberries
1 boiled egg
1 low-fat cheese stick or Babybel
Fruit (grapes, orange, cantaloupe, etc.)
Veggie sticks (celery, carrots, red bell pepper, etc.)
1 cup cottage cheese
Fruit slices
¼ cup roasted, unsalted almonds
Fresh chopped apple
Dried cranberries
7 oz. tuna packed in water
1 slice whole-wheat toast or English muffin w/ tomato slice
1 cup low-fat milk
Plain Shredded Wheat
Grape Nuts
Edamame beans
In salad, soup, or right out of the pod.
Protein / fruit smoothie


#3 Here's a list of some of my favorite snacks:
  • Avocados
  • Peanut Butter and Apples
  • Bowl of Grape Nuts and Almond Milk
  • Raw Almonds
  • Hummus with Wheat Thins
  • Babybel Cheese
  • and my new favorite that taste like candy and is so good for you:


Naturally Sweet Medjool Dates
If you have not tried these you have got to.  They are delicious!


Hopefully this has helped you in finding some new snacks to snack on.  There's plenty out there to choose from -- just make sure it's clean and does not sabotage your goals.  Like I said in the past -- there is nothing wrong with having something that is not so clean every now and again, but you should not make it a habit.

Happy snacking...

Until next time.

Please leave a comment on the left.  Thanks for visiting.

No comments: