There are some books that speaks life to you -- and there are others that are a "Good Read" but it's missing something -- something that speaks to you on a level that just makes plain 'ol common sense. When you are about to embark on a lifestyle change -- not just a "DIET" -- you want something that you know you can stick to. Something that you can easily adjust to without a lot of "you can't eat this and you can't eat that." A book that gets to the bottom line of why people loose weight and gain it all back -- one that is such a good read -- that you can literally read it in one day and start implementing it. Well that's this book. One that I absolutely LOVE and live by. It's called Body For Life by Bill Phillips. I found a used copy of it at my local library.
I want to take the time and talk about why I love this book. There are some books that you read and you know -- there's something about it that just doesn't set well with you -- and with everyone that's different -- what works for me may not necessarily jive with you and vice-verse. But for me -- this book dotted all my "i-s" and crossed all my "t-s." Why is that? Here's why:
- Just about every book that you read talks about a DIET telling you what you can eat and what you should stop eating -- not this one. This is truly a lifestyle way of eating. Nothing is forbidden -- you are allowed a free day once a week.
- I've never liked counting calories -- this one does not suggest you do that.
- I've always believed in eating a balanced meal of protein, carbohydrates and fats. I don't believe in eating in a way that excludes one food or another -- like no carbs, low-carbs, no proteins or no fats (that fats make you fat nonsense). I wanted a lifestyle way of eating and this book fits the bill -- just a common sense way of living and eating that you can incorporate EASILY anywhere and at anytime.
- Love the simple approach of working out 3 times a week with weights -- (not for 2 hours, not for 1 hour -- but only 40-45 min. on those days). We think that we have to be in the gym for hours in order to feel like we have done something -- not so. Also on the other 3 days you perform a cardio workout for just 20 minutes on each of those days. Who can't do that?
- Love the before and after pictures and stories. They are so inspiring.
I live by this book. It's my eating and workout bible. It just makes sense to me. I also found at Amazon (at this link) http://www.amazon.com/Eating-Life-Health-Increased-Energy/dp/0972018417/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1392255374&sr=1-1&keywords=eating+for+life Eating for Life by Bill Phillips. I was amazed to see all the delicious meals that are grouped together. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, mid meals, nutrition shakes and desserts.
I wish I was getting paid for saying this -- but unfortunately I'm not -- but that just goes to show you that I'm hooked. If you are looking for a lifestyle change that will truly change you for the better -- I highly recommend Body for Life by Bill Phillips and his cookbook Eating for Life.
Until next time...
Please leave a comment on the left or below. Thanks for visiting.