Friday, March 29, 2013

#35 My March Favorite Things

I know I sound like a broken record but "Where Did March Go???!!!!""  We are getting ready to enter into April and we have 11" of snow on the ground here in my neck of the woods!  Too funny!

Here are some of my pictures that I captured of our Winter Wonderland!






It was beautiful watching the thick snow fall while enjoying the warmth of my cozy home!







Here are a few of my favorite things for the month of March.  I know there are a lot of people who tell me that they read my blog at work and are unable to go to videos while at the office.  I do understand that BUT PLEASE don't forget about them when you get a chance to get to them either at home or on break.  I include them because they are AWESOME, in my opinion, and they shouldn't be missed.  So read what you can at the office and don't forget to watch the videos later on over the weekend!  You WON'T regret it!!!!




Speaking of videos -- EVERY MOM -- AND DAD, for that matter, needs to see this video.  Get your Kleenex and get ready to thank God for giving you this wonderful privilege of being a parent.  Lord knows parenting has it's ups and downs but I wouldn't change a thing with my boys (maybe some of the teenage years -- I'm just saying -- keeping it real!!) :-)

  

The Gift of An Ordinary Day a Mother's Memoir
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olSyCLJU3O0
 Click on the blue link under the picture
  

YOUR LAUGH FOR THE DAY!!!
 
 This lady reminded me of a family friend we called Miss Josephine.



A man and his ever-nagging wife went on vacation in Jerusalem. While they were there, the wife passed away. The undertaker told the husband, "You can have her buried here in the Holy Land for $150 or we can have her shipped back home for $5,000.  The husband thought about it and told the undertaker he would have her shipped back home.  The undertaker asked him, "why would you spend $5,000 to have her shipped home when you could have a beautiful burial here, and it would only cost $150????"  The husband replied, "Long ago, a man died here, was buried here, and three days later, rose from the dead.  I just can’t take that chance!"



My Favorite Homemade Salad for March!!!





This salad consist of:
  1. cut up spinach leaves (Costco)
  2. shredded carrots (Diebergs)
  3. frozen corn -- refrig. temp. (Blue Diamond)
  4. walnuts for crunch (Diebergs)
  5. 1/2 box of raisins (Aldi)
  6. low fat feta cheese (Trader Joes)
  7. green olives (Aldi) and
  8. sprigs of fresh dill (Diebergs) 



I made my own "Mock Ranch Dressing" out of three quarter cups of water, one cup of soaked pine nuts (for about 30 min.), onion powder, garlic powder, dill, salt and juice of one lemon.  Blend in a blender and you have a healthy version of Ranch Dressing.  The spices where to "taste."


I got this dressing recipe from Primitive Mommy on YouTube.



As you know, you can get these ingredients at one place, I just happened to remember where I got them and listed it.  Get yours from anywhere -- JUST ENJOY!!!!



Until next time...
 
Please leave a comment on the left.  Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Elena said...

I love snow and summer is not so funny for me. I like more winter and snow........