Thursday, March 6, 2014

#81 I Hate It -- But It's Beneficial!

If you have been reading my blog -- you  already know that I HATE, HATE, HATE having to count calories.  I have gone most of my life without having to do it -- but I'm learning -- if you want to make CHANGES in your body, you will have to count them.  Everyone of us should have a goal with our bodies -- if it's to maintain, loose weight or to gain weight -- you should have a goal that you are shooting for.


Only if you want to make significant change to your body!


I just recommended a book called Fit For Life by Bill Phillips -- which I absolutely love.  In this book, it's not recommended that you count calories.  But I have learned, if you don't count them -- the things that you are putting in your mouth adds up -- and what you thought was nothing -- really is something (does that make sense :-)))  It could make the difference in what you are trying to accomplish.  So I hate it, but I do realize how beneficial it is. 

Soooooooooo with that said, I'm using the MyFitnessPal App that I recommended in my last post.  Two Great Fitness Apps for Free http://yo-yoeatingnomore.blogspot.com/2014/02/80-two-great-fitness-apps-for-free.html.  I'm finding it easier then I thought because with that App and an IPhone you can scan bar-codes of food right into your listing of foods (cutting down the writing process).

I look at it like this -- we should be reading the ingredients on food labels and making a decision if we are going to eat it or not -- we should be counting calories as well otherwise we could be sabotaging our efforts.  After awhile once you are aware of what you are putting in your body -- then you don't have to continue doing it.  You will know the calories based on a lot of the foods that you eat.  But just do it until you form a habit.

I found some great information about calorie counting that I wanted to share.  It's called How to Count Calories (check it out here):   http://www.wikihow.com/Count-Calories.



Happy counting!


Until next time...



Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: