We all have times when we are pressed for time and have to stop into a fast-food restaurant. There are also times when we just don't feel like cooking and we want something fast and not made at home that's still healthy for our lifestyle. Well I've researched some fast food restaurants that are pretty much in everyone's neighborhood that offer some healthy options on their menu.
Now these are primarily fast-food restaurants. Grab and go, not sit in -- but of course you can sit in and eat there -- but these restaurants are not restaurants that you need to tip a waitress.
Here are some of my picks:
My healthy food choices there are:
- Southwest Chicken Salad (use 1/2 dressing pack or bring your favorite (my favorite is Paul Newman's Creamy Caesar))
- Grilled Chicken Classic (comes with whole grain bun)
- Chicken Grilled Snack wraps w/no dressing (bring your own -- I like Veganaise-- see my blog post on this Mayo Please pass the --- what???)
- Fish Fillet - no tarter sauce (use Veganaise here as well)
|Veggie Cantina Bowl|
- Veggie Cantina Burrito or Bowl
- Burrito with black bean (Fresco Style - means no cheese) and replace cheese with Pico De Gallo (salsa)
- Fresco Crunchy Tacos
- BLT Cobb Salad (remove bacon and blue cheese bits) and your left with plenty of good grilled chicken, hard-boiled eggs and tomatoes over a spring mix and avocado ranch dressing (use 1/2 packet or bring your own)
- Go wraps
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich with no sauce
- Baked potato
- 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Sandwich (hold cheese, avocado & dressing). Put on a drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
- Turkey Flatbread sandwich with loads of veggies and Balsamic Vinegar or mustard
- Chicken bowl, brown rice, black beans and tomato salsa
- Steak salad with grilled veggies (no cheese or avocado) with green salsa
|Char Grilled Chicken Sandwich with fruit cup|
- Char grilled Chicken sandwich meal with fruit cup or side salad with unsweetened tea
- Char grilled garden salad
Keep these in mind when you are on the road and want to eat something fast and healthy.
Until next time.
Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.