Thursday, May 14, 2015

#128 Gardening in Fort Knox!

Well it's that time again.  I'm planting in my garden and it's been updated.  This is what it looked like for the last couple of years 2013-14.  Two raised beds that I purchased from Aldi.  I added chicken wire and poles to each corner and there she has it -- a well protected garden bed.




This set-up did exactly what it was set out to do -- keep the critters OUT!!!  It worked very well.  My hubby decided that he could re-do this in a more efficient manner at the same time adding more space for more food.  This is what it looks like now:

More room for more food

The middle has a pull up door for easy in and out access

My make-shift arbor made from fencing, stakes and twine





Hubby used steel stakes and chicken wire.  Also on the last picture, I constructed an arbor out of fencing, stakes and twine.  This will hold my larger variety of cucumbers.  The large standing pole next to the arbor will be a stake to hold my large/tall sunflowers.

What I have growing is all varieties of tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers.  All the stuff we will eat.  I may plant some yellow onions in a container.  So far, I'm loving this new design.  There's plenty of space for when the plants grow and mature for them to have space to stretch and not be overly crowded.

Come back and check out how things will look in the upcoming months.

Until next time...


Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: