Thursday, August 16, 2012

#1 Just Getting Started...

While on vacation I eat things I don't get a chance to at home
Hello, I go by, Chickie Sweet, and I am a yo-yo eater. I have learned that admitting any addiction is the first step to recovery.

This diary is a compilation of my thoughts and what I plan to do about the matter at hand. It may help someone "Think" before shoveling big helpings of food down your throat.  It is helping me just by getting it out and down on paper. I thought about starting a group -- Binge Anonymous. Then I thought, what would happen is people would relate, join and then like "we" have a tendency of doing, burn-out and skip town. So instead, I decided to just do a blog diary, for me, and perhaps it will be a help to someone else. Not requiring you to do a thing, if you don't want to, or join me if you do -- because everyone has to come to a realization for yourself about your eating habits. No amount of gimmicks or incentives are gonna do it. You just gotta be sick and tired...

I have journals after journals of me loosing weight, feeling good about myself to slowly putting the weight back on again and feeling miserable. What is it about starting off good but never continuing with whatever it is was we started off with.

I think it's a new hobby of mine to snag every weight loss book on the market -- just in hopes somebody out there somewhere has found the magic diet, has the right words to snap me out of my yo-yo madness. Lets face it guys and gals -- there will always be a market for people who make money selling weight-loss books, Weight-Watchers, Jenny-Craig and the list goes on and on....



Fortunately, or should I say unfortunately, I am not alone. Just look around. Look at the TV shows today -- one in particular, The Biggest Loser. We feel fortunate that we were picked out of all the other thousands of fat folks to be on the show to be whipped (literally) into shape. We finally stand before our family, friends and the entire TV viewing audience weighing a ridiculously amount of weight that we never thought we could get down to and yeah we are totally siked. Leaving the ranch with a made up mind and will power to boot -- we set off on our lifelong journey without Bob and Jilian. What happens? We get home and life happens all over again. Binge, binge and more binging -- the next time you see that person on TV we are shocked that they are fat all over again.....to be continued.

I will be posting often.  I know that our time is valuable, but so is our healh.  If you are new to blogging, please subscribe to my blog in order to not miss a thing.  It will be informative with things that I'm doing to stay at a consistent weight with the Lords help and also things you can try as well.  I will include lots of information you will not want to miss.  So subscribe today at the bottom where it says Subscribe to: Posts (Atom) and LET'S get on the right track and curb that binging forever!!!

Until next time...

Please leave a comment on the left.  Thanks for visiting.