Thursday, August 8, 2013

#55 How Do You Get Stress Relief?

What do you do to relieve stress? Where do you go? Well besides reading encouraging books like the Bible and other books that inspire me -- besides hanging out with my girlfriends and family members -- there is one special place that I love to go. I particularly like to visit this place right before school starts to clear my mind. Making it clear like a blank canvas to welcome in new ideas and thoughts -- so that I can start fresh for the new "home schooling" season.

This is one of the most beautiful places here in the St. Louis area. This place is called the MO Botanical Garden. It has been here since 1859 and was discovered by Henry Shaw. You can read about it's history here:





MO Botanical Garden



It's one of my most favorite places. I have been to other botanical gardens and this one, in my opinion, surpasses them all. If you are a St. Louis resident and interested in visiting the garden, it is free every Wednesday before 12 noon. You can check out their prices for other days but when I go it's usually on Wednesday. Here are some of my favorite spots in the garden:

Enter into my garden hideaway:




Love the Japanese Garden




My boys use to love to come here with me when they were little tots -- now they just come to support moms love for the garden. Compromise is key!!! They don't complain -- matter-of-fact, they learn lots of things here and still enjoy some of the things the garden has to offer -- for instance:




Finding their way through the maze and...
 


Feeding the fish
Nevertheless, this is a wonderful place to just think and clear your mind of anything that has been a distraction. It's something very soothing about this place that will help you do just that -- at any age! Give it a try!
My Oldest Reflecting In the Garden

Until next time...

Please leave a comment on the left.  Thanks for visiting.