Thursday, January 3, 2013

#23 Some Things That Need to Change...


Happy New Year!

I have something to confess.  I am a good starter of things -- but I'm not really good at finishing them all the time.  Now this is not with everything -- it's mainly with things like exercise and eating certain foods.  I get really bored quickly and because we live in a day and time where there is sooooooooo much NEW stuff -- it's easy to try the latest new exercise or the latest green smoothie.  I put together a list of three things that I would like to change this year.  I'm not a person who likes the word "Resolutions" -- so lets say these are some of my "Goals" for 2013.


Goal #1
Remember a couple of blogs post back (November 8th to be exact) I started this challenge of drinking 132+ smoothies from the book Green Smoothie Magic???  If not, check out blog #15.  Well ladies and gents -- I could probably count on one hand how many smoothies I tried from that book.  There was really no excuse except I changed my mind.  I didn't like what I was tasting and the ingredients were vague, in my opinion.  So I kicked it to the curb.  One thing I'm learning is not to be too quick to jump on the band-wagon with new things.  132+ smoothies!!!!!  My sister said "Why don't you just try a couple of them and report how you like them."  I said, "Oh no, I'm going to do ALL 132+, besides, I "LOVE" green smoothies!"  HA!!!  Was I over zealous or what???  So I am learning that I need to be REALISTIC with my goals in order not to look "foolish" putting that kind of stuff out there.  Frankly, I want to be a keeper of my word -- if I say I'm going to do something I want to do it!


Goal #2


I'm a person who enjoys reading and ever since the invention of the Kindle -- I have so much to read that I can't possibly finish it all.  I will start one book and that of course is not enough -- I will read three or four books at a time with all good intentions of finishing them.  But life...what can I say -- gets in the way and my good intentions get pushed down with the pile of other things on my to-do list.  One thing I'm learning is to read one book at a time (or perhaps 2 -- need I dare, LOL) and finish it before starting another.


 Goal #3


Exercising is one of the things that I get bored with really quickly.  I enjoy doing it (maybe enjoy is not the word :-) but like everything else -- there is so much out there to do.  I know we should change things up a bit in order not to get bored -- but this should be done perhaps every six weeks or so.  I tend to go from one thing to the other quicker then I should.  Just to keep motivated.  One thing I'm learning is I am going to try new things because I enjoy them but I will give myself at least six weeks before I change to something new. 





Well these are some of my goals for 2013.  I want to set up short-term goals in order to accomplish these task.  One thing I'm sure of -- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).  I will put it in His hands and do my part in the process.

It's In Your Hands Lord!
Until next time...
Please leave a comment on the left.  Thanks for visiting.

No comments: