Thursday, October 8, 2015

#137 Delicious No-Bake Granola

I'm in love!  I love this recipe for no-bake granola bars and I wanted to put it on my blog to share with others.  I cannot take the credit for this recipe -- I found it on a YouTube Channel called "How Jen Does It."  But it's the tastiest and easiest way to enjoy granola -- while at the same time knowing EXACTLY what's in them!  No words you cannot pronounce -- just a good old fashion snack with ingredients that will keep you satisfied.  Instead of making bars -- after I get them out of the refrigerator -- I crumbled them all up and put in individual bags (a little over 1/2 cup each bag).

Here's the recipe:


Easy No-bake Granola Bars

1/2 (= to 1 stick) cup butter (be sure to use regular butter and not margarine)
1/2 cup honey
2/3 cup brown sugar
4 cups quick cooking oats
2 cups rice cereal (I used Grape Nuts Fit Cranberry Vanilla)
1 teaspoon vanilla
(If you would like to make peanut butter chocolate chip granola bars, use 1/3 cup peanut butter and 1/3 cup brown sugar instead of the 2/3 cup brown sugar and add chocolate chips at the end)

Toppings of your choice: chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, raisins, dried fruit, caramel chips

In a large bowl, stir oats and rice cereal together. Set aside. In a medium pot, melt butter, honey and brown sugar together over medium high heat. Let it start to bubble. Reduce heat and cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add vanilla and stir. Pour over dry mixture and mix well until all ingredients are incorporated. Pour into a 13x9 baking dish that has been sprayed well with cooking spray or olive oil. Press down really well until the top is flat. Sprinkle with desired toppings. Press toppings into granola mixture. Cool on counter top for 15-20 minutes. Place granola in fridge for 20-25 minutes. Cut into bars.

Until next time...

Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now this my friend sounds delicious. I'm going to definitely try it.