Tuesday, August 21, 2012

#3 First Things First...

Writing a blog is pretty frightening.  You are putting yourself out there for the world to read.  It's not all that bad if you are talking about something or perhaps someone else.  But when the spot light is on you -- then it's easy to hesitate and think twice about what you really want to come out.

I'm thankful that the Lord is on my side and where He leads I try to always follow.  This yo-yo addiction is now in His hands.  He told me to cast all my care on Him because He cares for me.  (1 Peter 5:7)  So I put it in His hands.  That doesn't mean I don't have a part to play.  He is leading me, I believe, with every key that I press on this keyboard.  He is giving me the words to say and the information that I need to be successful.


I wanted to start sharing information that I believe has helped me and I believe can help you as well.
Pepperplate, Plan Cook Share
Absolutely Love This App

I have found this GREAT app that is helping me to become organized with my meal planning.  Remember in my last blog I mentioned that if I'm not organized I tend to eat willy-nilly.  Well folks, this app has been very, very helpful.  I own a Kindle Fire, but if you have a computer, IPAD or any android device you can get this.  And get this -- it's absolutely FREE.  You heard it right -- FREE.  The app is called Pepperplate.  Here's a demo of it -- check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4D33BMuSII

This app is so easy to use.  I pretty much do everything on my desktop and it syncs to my Kindle (or whatever device you want it synced to, like your phone).  Allowing me to take it to the grocery store.  NO MORE PAPER AND PENCIL.  Like the lady said you can enter recipes that are not listed (Weight Watchers for example) and it's so easy to do with the Pepperplate Bookmarklet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lkwSTnzbJk

Check out these videos on Pepperplate and let me know if it's something that you believe will help you get organized to eat better.  Now come on guys, it may take a little work entering in the data -- but like the old saying goes --

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”

“We forget that every good that is worth possessing must be paid for in strokes of daily effort. We postpone and postpone, until those smiling possibilities are dead.”

“Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt.”
Until next time...
Please leave a comment on the left.  Thanks for visiting.