Thursday, October 18, 2012

#12 Don't bring that stuff in the house!!!!!

It all started one dreary night when my dear hubby (DH) decided that we both needed a pick-me-up.  It had been a hard week with home schooling and we both were feeling the effects with the home work blues.  He came in the house announcing in his sympathetic voice, "I bought you something."  This usually means he bought himself something and he decided to pick me up something as well.  This could only mean one thing:

Mini-chocolate bars


As I lost all consciousness of what I had committed to, two or three bars later he asked me, "Now do you feel better?"  I felt like a junkie after getting my fix.  While basking in my sugar-high, I nodded with a big smile on my face. 



I put the bars away in a see-through container (HA HA) and walked away.  Needless to say, every time I walked pass the jar -- I HAD TO HAVE ONE OR TWO OR THREE...I kept consoling myself that they were "MINI" bars.  It would take at least four or five to equal an entire candy bar -- wouldn't it????  What's the harm of eating two or three.  Everyday I would eat two or three bars and the tape recorder kept playing inside my head, "You might as well eat them up and get them out of the house -- you know you don't need that stuff sitting around the house."  I had sense enough to know it shouldn't be in the house, but I didn't have the will-power to say no to it.  That's when I knew I had to do something ...


NO MORE!!!!


I told myself, "You're the one with the blog remember, 'YO-YO EATING NO MORE', get a grip girl!!!"  No more was what I had to hear come out of my mouth and I did really well for a couple of days.  I realized then and there that sugar really is the legal heroin.  Read this article ...

Sugar, the "Legal" Heroin?

http://womenshealthacademy.typepad.com/articles/2008/09/sugar-the-legal.html



After my DH decided to take the candy bars to work (after seeing I had lost all self-control) -- it did not stop there.  Snacks that had been around the house, for my boys, I began to eat!  Cookies with cream filling.  I found myself grabbing two or three after dinner.  Stuff I knew I shouldn't be eating, I was gravitating to.  What's UP??????  I was craving sugar out of the WAZOO!!!!  I knew better, mind you, but I literally was not putting my money where my mouth was.  Once you are sucked in -- it's hard to let go.  Then I had to realize these very important things...

Rule #1432


Think of all that ...

Remember Getting
Up Early and Working my Butt off...


Those long walks and runs on the treadmill...



Always remember this view...not pretty

I had to bring myself BACK to all the hard work -- I had to ask myself -- "Is it worth it????"  Is that candy bar or whatever it is -- is it really worth it.  All it takes is a little here, and a little there and before you know it -- you will be back to the size you said you would never get back to -- looking like the photo of the elephant walking away saying to yourself -- "I tried everything but it just didn't work."  Oh yeah, it works, but "I" had to make a conscious effort and say no.  I told my DH not to bring that stuff back into the house -- also, I did not clear my house of all sugar (but I will buy ONE candy bar as a treat every now and again but never have bunches of them sitting around in containers at the house -- watch out for Halloween you guys) -- my boys are still allowed to have their three cookies after dinner, I just don't touch it.  I just have to keep those pictures above in my mind and realize -- this is how temptations starts -- but it doesn't have to end like that...the choice is mine (and yours).

Until next time...

Please leave a comment on the left.  Thanks for visiting.

No comments: