Thursday, September 19, 2013

#61 Follow Your Passion!!!

My God is Amazing!
In this life we all will be faced with many challenges.  I was reminded today by a little bird that it was all going to be alright.  I watch this bird come to my window throughout the day but normally he gets what he wants and flies away.  Well today he sat there for I can't tell you how long just staring at me and drinking.  I kept looking for him to fly away but he didn't.  I immediately got in my spirit "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  Hebrew 13:5.  I stood there motionless, smiling at this bird as I watched in awe the glory of God.

My challenges at the moment are relatively small (compared to all that is going on in the world) and I must always remind myself of how blessed I am.  I am currently in the market for a new church body.  My current church, is humongous, and after being there for over 12 years I still feel like a little fish in a very big pond.  I'm looking to downsize with a smaller body that I can enjoy small group fellowship.  It would also be nice closer to home.  This was not an easy decision but one that I believe is very beneficial.  Not only that, I tend to spend a great amount of time at home with my teens because I home school -- I was told, by my husband, that I needed to find something "TO DO" just for myself to feel a sense of fulfillment.  Home schooling brings a great deal of fulfillment -- but I understood he meant something personal -- just for me.  You know how it is -- you give yourself totally to your family and then you don't do anything for yourself.  Well -- that is about to change.  I just have to come out of my box and explore my passions.

As you know, I enjoy encouraging people and this blog is one form of that -- but I know that God has something more in store for this mom, sister, daughter, wife, home school mother of two (and so many other hats).  I desire to continue to encourage others with this blog and I'm excited about the road ahead -- what's in store???  God only knows.  In the meantime, I will enjoy the journey.



While listening to a Podcast (I can't recall the name of it) this question was asked -- "If money were not an object what would you do in life?"  Well this question intrigued me because you may have heard this yourself but never put yourself in the equation.  I'm sure it's because of your financial situation or a host of other reasons -- but I'm seriously thinking -- what would I do?  I always told myself because I love working in the garden that I would go and work at the Botanical Garden in our state.  I will have to ponder and pray on this question some more and see what turns up.

But today I'm encouraged because of that little bird -- I do know that God will never leave me nor will He forsake me -- He will direct my path and He will lead me in the way I should go.  Be encouraged.

Until next time...

Please leave a comment on the left.  Thanks for visiting.