Friday, May 29, 2015

#129 Random Thoughts to Single People Wanting to Be Married

If you are single and you want to be married, don't settle for less than the best.  Even if you have to stay single. You heard me right!!!

I don't necessarily care for Tylor Perry, but I do like the title of one of his movies "I Can Do Bad All By Myself."  You must love yourself first before you can love someone else. Take care of you first and make sure you have high standards for what you will and will not tolerate. Don't allow your need or desire for someone make you lower your standards. In other words, no sex without a ring on it. You say you love me -- Prove it!!!!  I can say this -- I married 25 years ago a virgin. My former boyfriends,  I always told them -- "You're not getting in my pants."  That was my standard. Believe me,  I could have had sex because my parent encouraged me by saying -- "You have to try on the shoe before you buy it."  I dont't blame my parent, her standards were not formed based on morals taught by a mom and dad who spoke life from the Word of God, matter-of-fact, she never knew her dad and her mom died when she was very young. So this single mom did what the majority of Americans do.  I'm not here to judge her - but I do thank God for Jesus.  You may not have a father living in the home, or parents that bring you up with high standards but make "Him (the Lord Jesus - lets make it clear) your Father. My motivation was not disappointing Him. Those little raggedy boyfriends with raging harmones would have taken what they could get and go on to the next thang.

What I am saying is this, life is short -- live life like you mean it. Not with a lot of regrets and people that aren't worth your time. Once you start taking care of yourself and loving who YOU ARE you may decide I'm good by myself. Me and God the Father. If that someone does show up in your life, remeber what I said.  You're worth it!!!!!

Until next time....

Please leave a comment below. Thanks for visiting.

No comments: